What is a business incubator? Business incubators nurture the development of entrepreneurial companies, helping them survive and grow during the early years, when they are most vulnerable. These programs provide companies with business support services and resources tailored to new and emerging firms.
How would your business benefit from joining the Santa Fe Business Incubator program? At the Santa Fe Business Incubator (SFBI), we understand the needs of new and emerging companies and can provide the guidance and help necessary to turn a business concept into a successful reality.
How can a business become a client of the Incubator? There are four ways that a business can participate as a client of the Incubator, depending on its needs:
1. Resident Client: Resident Clients rent office, lab, warehouse and/or production space in the Incubator’s 30,000 square foot facility. Resident Clients are entitled to 24/7 access to the facility; unlimited use of conference and meeting rooms with audio/visual equipment; listings on the Incubator website, SFBI promotional materials and social media sites; use of the Incubator mailing address, a mail box and package acceptance; high-speed internet connections (nominal monthly fee); access to client only programs and events like Expert in the House, White Board Review Committee, Adviser & Mentor Meetups, Founder’s Lunches, Executive Business Coaching and the Santa Fe Business Incentive Assessment, plus all of the free services listed below.
2. Affiliate Client: Affiliates do not house their businesses within the Incubator but are entitled to most of the services available to Resident Clients (listed above) plus all of the free services listed below. If you are interested in becoming a Resident or Affiliate Client of the SFBI please fill out our Initial Inquiry Form and someone will contact you shortly.
What does the program provide? Resident and Affiliate Clients have access to the following free services, in addition to those listed above:
• access to mentoring, business coaching and consulting (see ‘Business Advisors’ below)
• a receptionist to greet your visitors
• shared office equipment, including color copiers, printers and fax machines (nominal fee for use)
• workshops and seminars on a variety of business-related topics
• kitchen and break room facilities
• a business resource library
• ample parking
• room to grow and expand within the Incubator
• a convenient location, easily accessible by car, air or rail
Business Advisers: Free business and technical assistance is provided by experienced members of the business community. Advisers meet with entrepreneurs one-on-one or as part of a team and are available to assist them with strategic planning, marketing, human resources, financial matters, and other business-related issues. In addition, the Incubator staff is on hand to answer questions, advise business owners and provide assistance and referrals to other resources.
The Network: Business-to-business opportunities are encouraged between clients. Incubator firms often form unexpected partnerships, share resources and knowledge, or just lend a helping hand or listening ear when needed.
Business Partnerships: SFBI collaborates with numerous economic development and business-related programs, as well as private sector businesses, financial institutions, and legal and connections to sources of capital including lenders and equity capital for the benefit of its clients and the community. These partnerships directly assist SFBI’s business owners in their development and expansion and provide additional sources of volunteers, networks and markets for SFBI client companies.
What is the bottom line? We offer the know-how, the place and the network to help you grow and succeed.