In order to apply for admission to the Santa Fe Business Incubator program, please read the following information about the requirements and the criteria with which we choose Incubator clients. If you feel that you meet the requirements and would like to apply to the program, below is a list of steps to be completed. Please contact us at 505-424-1140 should you have any questions or wish to schedule an appointment to meet with the Program Director and/or tour the facility. Please note that admission to the Incubator is highly competitive. If, your business is not accepted as a Resident or Affiliate Client the Program Director will assist you in finding help from one of Santa Fe’s incredible list of business support organizations.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR CLIENTS
1. The business must be in full-time operation once it moves into the Incubator.
2. Prior to acceptance, applicants and businesses must comply, or agree to comply, with all applicable local, state and federal regulations and ordinances, including applicable environmental laws.
Applicants will be evaluated based on the following key criteria:
1. Potential for business growth and job creation.
2. A need for the services of the Incubator and a willingness to accept assistance when indicated.
3. The ability of the business to help diversify the local economy.
4. The viability of the business and its potential for success.
5. The business’ marketing opportunities and approach.
6. The business’ management team.
7. Resources available to the business.
8. Technologies appropriate to the business.
9. The compatibility of the business with the Incubator program and facility.
STEPS FOR CLIENT ADMISSION
1. Complete an Initial Inquiry Form
2. The Initial Inquiry Form will be reviewed and you will be contacted within one week of submission. Please make sure that the e-mail address and phone number on the form are correct.
3. Once an in person meeting has taken place your business will be given a username and password to access our internal management system. From there you will complete a Needs Assessment Form (NAF) that asks a variety of questions about the operations, finances, management team and services being provided by your business. The Incubator’s President and Program Director will review the NAF and may ask for additional information if necessary.
4. If you are accepted into the Incubator you may need to meet with the an Evaluation Committee after 6 months at which time they may request additional information to establish or verify that the minimum qualifications are being satisfied.